Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The London-centric videos of Ghostpoet


Ghostpoet is another one of those artists who I've been aware of but never properly checked out.  I've shied away of getting  too into him for some reason.  I think it's because his Britishness (look at the photo above!) produces some intense feelings of yearning in me.  But he put new album 'Shedding Skin' out recently, and I've been hearing the single 'Off Peak Dreams' quite a lot, which has grown on me.  Alexis Petridis did a short video recommending the album; watching that, I couldn't help but notice the London-y vibe of the video to 'Off Peak Dreams' and it led me to check out some more of Ghostpoet's videos.  He's got more that seem to have been filmed on the cheap in surburban parts of the city, ones that have, of course, produced those feelings I wanted to avoid.  I thought I'd post a selection below for anyone else who's feeling the same way I do sometimes.




No comments:

Post a Comment