Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Massive Attack - Man Next Door





Listen to this track by Massive Attack, one of my fave groups of all time. The albums Blue Lines, Protection, and Mezzanine are not to be under-appreciated. What I love so much about the group is how versatile their sound is.

Let the sound envelope you when you listen to this. And listen to the lyrics - do you interpret them literally or metaphorically? I take the metaphor - I think the "man next door" could actually be me or you, instead.

Anyway I'm sure a lot of music geeks have heard of Massive Attack, but the masses aren't very familiar with them.

This is another version of the song with the same singer Horace Andy (and others)


Peace.

3 comments:

  1. i need to give this album a proper listen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pulled out my Massive Attack again a couple of weeks ago and am still listening... so nice to see you're a fellow fan, Hena. That Bristol/Wild Bunch sound was a high school obsession for this Cincinnati kid :-)

    ReplyDelete