Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Joy Orbison - You heard it here last

Actually, if one of your main sources of music info is this blog you probably haven't heard of him at all. Well, let me fill you in, or at least tell you about one of his singles. Joy Orbison is a relatively new musician out of London who's put out some tracks and gotten a lot of attention. He combines the europhic sounds of early rave and jungle with some more 2-steppy stuff; some would say he's dubstep, I'm not so sure myself. His first single is the one I bought last month, 'Hyph Mngo' b/w 'Wet Look'. Both tracks use isolated vocal samples to infuse some warmth, along with analogue synth sounds and a danceable BPM. 'Hyph Mngo' pretty much put Joy on the map and I'm amongst the many who are looking forward to a full-length from him.





http://www.myspace.com/joyorbison

No comments:

Post a Comment