Monday, October 11, 2010

Myspace files: Warpaint

First off, my apologies. There was supposed to be a Live Double Whammy! Part 2 but I never got around to it. I was going to write about seeing James a couple of weeks ago; I'll just summarise by saying it was a great show, full of hits I'd forgotten existed, and Tim Booth's dancing was amazing.

So, on to Warpaint. As usual when it comes to the Myspace files, my knowledge of the band is minimal. I heard them on Jarvis Cocker's radio show this past weekend and liked what I heard enough to look them up. They're apparently based in LA. To me, their melodies are almost like a lo-fi Interpol, while the vocals remind me of Hope Sandoval (other than when they're being grunted out). Not bad really -- after listening to them a bit more on Myspace I'm not as taken with them as I was after one listen of a track on the radio, but I think they're still worth mentioning and checking out. Oh, and I think the track I heard on the Jarvis show was 'Undertow', which is also up on Myspace. Jarv said they reminded him of Fleetwood Mac; see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment