Thursday, May 26, 2011

Icelandic Hi-Tech Soul



GusGus! Remember them? Polyesterday? A great track from yesteryear and then the band kind of -- went away. But not really, I just didn't hear about them. Turns out they've been signed to German dance music label Kompakt for a bit and are about to come out with a new album ('Arabian Horse'). I wouldn't really care except the track I've heard from the album is grrrreat! Smooth sexy vocal house, as good as their old stuff but with a better beat. I lowe it! Check it below.

GusGus - Over

I really really hope they come and do some live stuff now, cos if half their new stuff is as good as this track they will be amazing.

In other news, James Blake is going on tour again. I hope I get to the tickets before the scalpers this time.

3 comments:

  1. This IS good! Even Sumeera liked it and she usually hates stuff like this.

    You know I saw these guys at St. Andrews? They were TIGHT. Had to leave early though b/c of that bum Nick Hagemann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, i hope he doesn't read this blog, he might you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah that was a great song!!! this will be my summer jam :-)

    feraz that's so cool you saw them at st andy's!

    ReplyDelete