Friday, April 8, 2016

teenage memories via teenage fanclub

I remember the very first time I came across Teenage Fanclub, in the early 90's, in the NME, when I was totally new to non-top 40 music.  I couldn't understand them, I literally could not understand what Teenage Fanclub were, was, etc, I had no idea they were a band; I was just like "teenage fanclub of what??".  Anyway, I grew to like them immensely, they have lots of quality songs.  I re-heard this one recently and was just struck by it -- it took me back to a time when I was young and single and sad about it and it just seemed like finding the right person would fix everything.  Also reminds me of just how free I was then, no responsibilities, and I didn't even need a lot of money to get by.  That juxtaposition is basically my whole life in a nutshell!  Unhappy at the time,  nostalgic about it later on.  Happily, I got see Teenage Fanclub live at the 930 Club once, and even though I can barely remember the show, the fact that I saw them makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment