Saturday, July 6, 2019

Tunes from earthquake/KCRW drive

So during last night's earthquake at 8:19pm I was having a very pleasant and relaxing drive to Pasadena, listening to...KCRW. Of course. They were playing these tunes back-to-back, and unlike the day before, I completely didn't feel or notice the earthquake, probably because I was so attracted to the music.

So first up was this tune (right as the earthquake happened) - really nice and smooth, one of the producers is Machinedrum. "Ocean Ppl" by J-E-T-S - sort of hard to find!



Next was this, "Weekend en Casa" by Intermittent:



My roommate phoned me and as I was driving on the 110 about to go through downtown, I didn't pick up, and also because this tune started playing. Really enjoyed this one. I realize now that the DJ was playing a joke - nice one DJ! I had no idea, later I heard the voicemail from the roomie, asking if I was alright post-earthquake (as I had no idea what to do, the day before, like a typical stupid outsider to Los Angeles). Her Mum texted me too. Hilarious. Anyway - this is a really nice one! "Faultline" - it's a remix, interestingly it seems DEDE is from Grizzly Bear.

This one is my favourite of the bunch of course. Great house tune. Makes me wanna clap my hands. Hope to DJ this tune soon! Will be playing this on repeat a lot, but I don't think my neighbours will mind.



This one was the last tune I heard as my drive ended. Thanks KCRW for distracting me during the earthquake and for all of this new music!

No comments:

Post a Comment