Saturday, February 13, 2010

I present to you...

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, India's national treasure:

Govinda.

"Meri Pant Bhi Sexy" from Dulaara.



This is obviously a knock-off of Right Said Fred's "I'm Too Sexy", which is actually one of the first songs I remember hearing when I was little. And you can blame Feraz for that.

This post is a tribute to the evening I spent with the siblings Manisha and Madhav where we spent hours watching Bollywood videos from 90s'. We do indeed miss those days.

4 comments:

  1. I REMEMBER THIS! omg I miss the govinda of the 90s!

    oooh and I cannot make saspi tomorrow morning because I have a bit of running around to do, which makes me sad. please please post on it - esp dina siddiqui and the teaching gender and islam in the US - haha, I feel like I am requesting music vids or something! hope you really enjoy it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. erm, i woke up late, and my phoopi phoned and said she's gonna be in j heights today and wants to see me. as i was gonna be there in the evening anyway i'm just gonna meet her there earlier and have a laugh - so no conference for me either :-(

    did you know that govinda was a politician in the congress party a couple years ago???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I had the "I'm Too Sexy" cassette single and even bought a pirate copy of the Right Said Fred album in Bahrain. "Deeply Dippy" is another great track. Govinda however, is sooo far from sexy it's unbelievable. You have to admit he's got some balls to do this video though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Govinda.is.cool. Even his rumaal is sexy.

    ReplyDelete