Sunday, April 4, 2010

Watch 'Music of Resistance'

Chandrasonic from my all-time favourite group, Asian Dub Foundation, aka ADF, hosted a series called 'Music of Resistance' on Al Jazeera. It's a great series about how music can be used for social change. There are episodes featuring musicians from around the world; I've chosen to highlight the episode I feel most connected to.

This episode is about the formation of ADF. I've always thought that their music, especially their first album Facts and Fictions, was amazing and revolutionary. Watch it to see some of the band members talk about their music, the history of racism and fascism in East London, and where the anti-racism movement is today in the UK.

Sidenote: If I saw members of ADF walking around on the street, I would be very, very excited.



Listen to 'Fortress Europe'!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the "Music of Resistance" link Henman, that was interesting. It's odd seeing Chandrasonic with long hair. Managed to find a clip of ADF at Rich Mix - the event that I left early last month. It was well crap so I didn't miss anything thankfully.

    ReplyDelete