Saturday, June 5, 2010

Therapy? Troublegum

Feraz reminded me of these boys recently and whilst looking them up on youtube I realised how great this album was and how many good tracks there were on it. I bought this on tape when I was about 14 or 15 cos I liked a couple of singles off it and I had a coupon to get it cheaper than normal. The tracks I initially liked where 'Trigger Inside' and 'Nowhere', which were the first singles I heard off it. As a disaffected teenager in the Welsh valleys I felt like the songs spoke to me; plus they were good to play loud and Therapy? were definitely making the kind of music that parents frowned upon. They'd pop up on Radio 1 every now and then. Thinking about it now, it's quite amazing how much time I had to listen to the radio back then. Anyway, once I got the album and listened to it repeatedly more and more of it seemed pretty damn good. Below is a selection. Back then 'Knives' was of course the highlight, but I'd say all the tracks have held up pretty well over time.









No comments:

Post a Comment