Monday, April 9, 2012

Graham Coxon, the Chemical Brothers, and buying records in Yemen

Graham Coxon's got a new album out, called 'A+E', and there's a stream where you can hear the whole thing. I haven't heard it properly yet but I'll put it up for any Blur fans out there:


There's also a stream up for the Chemical Brothers' soundtrack for their live film 'Don't Think'. Not sure if a film is the best way to get the Chem Bro's experience but the live album's not bad, and can be found here. Glad the Chem Bro's are still doing their hedonistic drug-fueled party thing. Well, apart from the drugs part.

Lastly, just read a disappointingly short but still interesting article on buying records in Yemen here. There are some tracks up there that are worth a listen. I'll be off to the mid east soon myself but I've got a feeling that I won't be finding many record shops in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, or Saudi Arabia. Will hopefully have some luck in Turkey though!

No comments:

Post a Comment