Monday, September 10, 2012

Siberian Winter Blues

I have no idea if this is real or a hoax, but I hope it's real.

So I'm on Russian-dominated blogging site, Livejournal.  Yes, I really am.  Anyway, I got a message on it, possibly the only one I've ever gotten (though there was one time a writer contacted me to take down his article).  The message was from "Sam", and here it is:


They call me Sam, i am from Siberia (Russia)! 
You wonder where it might be? 
Oh c'mon! Everyone knows that Siberia is a snow desert somewhere deep in Russia. 
We still got internet but for the rest it's a beat complicated. 
However I managed to setup a studio using a lot of cardboard, Soviet synthesizers and iMac G4 
Besides I borrowed a camera from my next-door buddy. 

Wonder what we could make using all these garbage? 
I'll tell you what! 
Mate, garbage is the most fashionable thing now! We got lucky with that / The luck itself found us here. 
See what we did with our own powers in the subject youtube link! 

It was not comfortable to work in a small room with cardboard walls :)) 
That's why I'm looking forward to fixing the whole ''studio'' situation. 

If it blew your head off or at least didn't leave you emotionless I would like to ask for your support. 
Use PayPal,Itunes or BandCamp links from video description in Youtube. 

I would also be delighted to hear from you in my guestbook or simply buzz my office: +7 926 251 4440 

I speak some English and Chinese, besides there are German and French speakersin da house. 
That's why I truly believe we can find common language and exchange opinions. 
Za zdorovye!

Sounds dubious, but the link was a real youstube one, and the account was a real person too, so I went to the link and the vid posted below was what I found.  I'm sure Sam isn't the only person in the world making weird local hip-hop, but he's the only one that's contacted me, and I'm quite happy about that.  Again, I hope it's real, cos it's quite amazing seeing something like this from some distant land -- the powers of the internet!


4 comments:

  1. hah, man that's hilarious. how on earth did he find your livejournal account? and i'm surprised you kept your account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps looks like his message worked! here you are blogging about his video, aww.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the fact that he's saying mate (isnt this australian?) is dubious. i live in siberia right now and you can't survive in a "cardboard box" unless he's referring to a tiny cabin cause they do look like cardboard boxes. if ppl speak english here its mostly a variant of british, i speak american english and have not met anyone here who does...just so you know we russians are crafty ppl so its probably some hoax for money...he could live in siberia though. hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! thanks for the info! for what it's worth, i do think this is a real musician, but the backstory could definitely be made up -- wouldn't be the first time an artist has made something to get more interest though

    ReplyDelete