Thursday, August 20, 2015

Sounds of Iceland, Part I

Recently spent a few days in Reykjavik on the way back from the UK and got into the quite awesome music scene over there.  Actually, I've been into Icelandic music for a while but didn't get a chance to experience it first-hand until now.

Most of the record shops in RVK (yeah I'm cool like that) are just full of overpriced vinyl but I did find this nice shop/record label called 12 Tónar where I was able to sit around listening to CDs and drinking coffee for free!  Bloke there recommended I check out the INNIPÚKINN music festival over the holiday weekend.  I asked another guy for an Icelandic experimental electronic music recommendation.  Among the acts he suggested was Futuregrapher.  I ended up buying his last album Skynvera which you can listen to here:
Sounds quite good on headphones, like Aphex Twin which is probably what he was going for.  Can't really get into it properly though (also like Aphex Twin).

1 comment:

  1. you're right, some aphex type stuff goin on, but not a bad listen overall

    ReplyDelete