Saturday, December 5, 2015

I could do with another

Time for another collection of tracks that I'm partial to.  First up one by Field Music, a band I often here on 6 Music and usually like.  There's something about the production of this song that makes me thing of music from the late 70's, especially the vocals.  An XTC vibe perhaps?  

Now for some nice garagey shambolic rock by a new band called Dracula Legs.  At least one Welsh person in the band so, yeah!  

I was gonna post a track by another garagey girl band from Spain called Hinds but I can't find the track I liked -- must take better notes next time!  

Here's something a lot softer by Sufjan Stevens.  I've never been too sure about him but I've always liked what I've heard so I should probably give him more of a chance.  I don't like too-precious indie artists so I've been very wary.  I first heard of him back when he was planning on putting out an album about every state in the US, and put out Michigan.  I've been hearing this track he remixed himself a bit and each time I have to stop and properly listen; it really is very affecting.  Blue Bucket of Gold, which I believe is off an album about his parents -- I may have to get it, seems very suitable for winter.

Deerhunter now with something a bit more upbeat.  Nice vibes here:

I was actually going to end with some Billy Joel but I changed my mind.  Instead I'll end with this -- remember it?  If it came out today it'd be accused of all kinds of cultural appropriation and that.  It probably was a bit at the time too.

1 comment:

  1. i remember 'truth hurts' very well. their belly dancing and outfits are arab, not desi. still, a good song!

    ReplyDelete