Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Commute Tunes November 2018 #1

About time for another edition of commute tunes.  I should probably just start a Spotify playlist, but who would listen?  Not me, no time.  And then there'd be no writing for company.  I do find myself slightly overwhelmed by all the media choices I have right now.  Especially as I'm driving, which makes it a bit tuffer to take notes, or do searches right there and then.  First world problems, as Ian Brown would say (follow the link to the Ian Brown song that sounds like he took a Bontempi version of  Primal Scream's Loaded and changed the words). 

In fact, I just looked at my notes, and they're so bad that there's only one track to highlight.  Hardly seems worth it, but I will do it anyway.  It's "Offence" by Little Simz, and I love the way the drums bang and the tune's elements are pretty minimal but so effective. 



Here's a bit of news your may have missed -- Mike Skinner and The Streets are back, and you can hear their album on Spotify.  Not sure if it's elsewhere, his twitter linked to Spotify.  

No comments:

Post a Comment