Thursday, July 12, 2012

Iron Galaxy, Tomas Barfod

A few weeks ago I found a great site via some link on SoundCloud. Beats Bass is a website out of London that posts a new track everyday. I've only listened to a few and really liked what I found so far. Definitely click around their site and listen to tunes, and there are some downloads as well.

One of the tunes I found from that site is "Attention Seeker" by Iron Galaxy, a new producer from Montreal. The track is long at 8 minutes but intensely varied, and it has that techno-house-dubby sound that a lot of producers have these days, a sound that's been around since 2009 or so I'd say in my ill-informed opinion. Some call this stuff post-dubstep, or future garage - I don't care what it's called. Labels don't matter and they never did.

Have a listen!





I also wanna highlight another tune I've really been digging recently. I found it from this mix by Tomas Barfod on XLR8R that Fahad passed on to me a while ago. It's become one of my favourite mixes (my list of fave mixes just keeps growing). A couple weeks ago I was sitting in Prospect Park and enjoying this mix then let my friend listen to my headphones, and my friend who doesn't follow music at all, loved the mix! Yay. So definitely have a listen to the mix.

What I really enjoy about this tune below is the broken beat that appears here and there on the track. I think that's what is so unique about this track and why I'm stuck on it, and overall the track is quite pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment