Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Local Natives - Airplanes

I've been listening to new music for the first time in years and I'm happy to say that I like what I've been hearing. It's encouraging to know that there's still plenty of good music being made by youngsters rather than thinking that it died out in the late 90s. Funnily enough, a lot of the stuff that I like is American! Why don't I hear this stuff in America? Local Natives came out with their debut album "Gorilla Manor" last year and this is one of their singles off've it. Love the lyrics, particularly towards the end. Not sure how lasting this band'll be but mind you, virtually all of the bands that I got into in the 90s have gone now or are making much less music and what they do make is crap anyway. Don't expect this lot to be around in five years time but so what? Enjoy it while it's still fresh.

3 comments:

  1. that was alright, wasn't all that

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're a bit too sincere for my tastes, being too sincere is not a good thing in music.

    ReplyDelete